Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We Real Cool, I Felt A Funeral In My Brain, Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

We Real Cool
The Pool Players
Seven At The Golden Shovel

After reading this particular poem, I feel bewildered. The title, "We Real Cool" is very precise and doesn't give much of an insight as to what the author is feeling. Almost as though this poem was created to take on a sense of feeling rebelliousness. I feel as if this poem acts as a blessing in disguise, bringing realization to many who may not be traveling down the right path in life. My emotions run empty as I read each verse.



The Inner World
Emily Dickinson

Emotionally I am left with feelings of being overwhelmed. Twisting and turning, falling into an absolute oblivion, I feel my thoughts racing to escape my body. Almost as if I am falling deep into the world of the unknown. My emotions run like tears, and and drop below the surface. The author speaks through pain and feeling of unconciousness. Internally dead to the world.


Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night
Dylan Thomas

Passiveness and weakness are one in the same. I get the sense that this poem is a battle over life and death. Great feelings of helplessness and despair are unveiled. It is a fight over the truth about life, death, and the sensational light after all is said and done. The passion of youth is evident in all that you do. No matter how hard you try to cling to the preciousness and beauty of life, death is inescapable.

No comments:

Post a Comment